You can stream and download UltraViolet movies and TV shows to your PlayStation 3 (PS3) using an app called VUDU.
VUDU works in a similar way to how Flixster works with mobile devices.
To install VUDU on your PS3, you need to complete the following steps:
1. Visit the PS3 Channel Store
2. Once in the Channel Store, navigate to the “TV/Video Services” area, and look for the VUDU PS3 app.
3. Download and install the VUDU application.
4. After you have installed it, you will need to start it and set up a VUDU account (completely free). You then follow the on-screen steps to link your VUDU account to your existing UltraViolet account, through which you’ll have access to your UV content library.
5. You should now be able to stream any movies you have the UV licence for. You’ll even get 5 HDX movies for free thanks to VUDU!
Depending on your Internet connection speed, you’ll be able to stream movies at different levels of quality
- SD (480p) – 1 Mbps
- HD (720p) – 2.25 Mbps
- HDX (1080p) – 4.5 Mbps
Please note: If you are using an iPad or Android tablet, you will only be able to watch content in SD (480p) quality.