Watching an Ultraviolet movie or TV show on an iOS device is possible. The digital content bought by the customer may be downloaded and transferred to another device, or streamed through a mobile application.
Downloading an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an iOS device
Before you start, make sure that the device has the latest version of the Flixster iOS mobile app “Movies by Flixster” (version 5.0 or higher) and iOS (version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 or 7.0) before downloading an UltraViolet movie or TV show to an iOS mobile device.
The following steps will allow a user to download a digital content on an iOS device:
- Sign in to a registered Flixster account. A Facebook account that is linked to UltraViolet may also be used to sign-in to a Flixster account.
- Go to the Home tab if using an iPhone or iPod Touch devices or My Movies tab if using an iPad.
- Tap the movie or TV show that will be downloaded.
- Tap the Download button on the next page.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Tap Watch Now in the Flixster mobile app. The application will play the downloaded movie or TV show off-line.
Note: Before downloading, remember that movies may take up a huge space on an iOS device (usually minimum of 500 MB). It may also take a while to finish downloading an entire movie (an average of 30 minutes to one hour) especially if the WiFi or 3G connection being used is weak.
The following mobile iOS devices can be used to view an UltraViolet movie or TV show:
- iOS devices (iOS versions 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0)
- iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C and 5S)
- iPod touch (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G)
- iPad (1, 2, 3, 4 and iPad Air)
The following steps will allow a user to delete a movie or TV show previously downloaded:
- Go to the Collection page on the Flixster application and tap on the movie that will be deleted.
- Tap the Download button, then on “Edit” at the upper right corner of the page that will be displayed next.
- Click on the red “-” button and confirm action.
Note: Even after deleting the downloaded movie or TV show, a user may still stream the content with a Wi-Fi connection or download it again any time.
Streaming an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an iOS device:
To stream an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an iOS device, a Flixster mobile application must be loaded on a supported iOS device. Follow the steps below to play a movie or TV show on the device:
1. Open the Flixster mobile application on the iOS mobile device.
2. Open “My Movie Collection” in the Flixster mobile application.
3. Select the title of the movie or TV show you would like to watch.
4. Tap the “Watch Now” option. The movie or TV show will then begin playing on the mobile device.