Watching an Ultraviolet movie or TV show on an Android device is possible. The digital content bought by the customer may be downloaded and transferred to another device or streamed through a mobile application.
Downloading an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an Android device
Make sure that the device has the latest version of the Flixster mobile app (version 3.8 or higher) and Android OS (2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4).
- Sign in to a registered Flixster account. A Facebook account that is linked to UltraViolet may also be used to sign-in to a Flixster account.
- Go to the Home tab of the Android device.
- Tap the movie or TV show you want to download.
- Tap the “Download” button on the next page.
- Tap “Watch Now” in the Flixster mobile app. The application will play the downloaded movie or TV show off-line
Keep Flixster updated!
Note: Before downloading, remember that movies may take up a large amount of space on the Android device (usually minimum of 500 MB). It may also take a while to finish downloading an entire movie (an average of 30 minutes to one hour), especially if the WiFi or 3G connection being used is poor, or you live in a rural area with slow Internet.
The following steps will allow a user to delete a movie or TV show previously downloaded:
- Go to the Collections page on the Flixster application and tap on the movie or TV show that will be deleted.
- Swipe across the movie or TV show that will be deleted and wait for a trash can icon that will appear.
- Click on the trash an icon and confirm action.
Streaming an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an Android device:
To stream an UltraViolet movie or TV show on an Android device, a Flixster mobile application must be loaded on a supported Android device. Follow the steps below to play a movie or TV show on the device:
- Open the Flixster mobile application on the Android mobile device.
- Open “My Movie Collection” in the Flixster mobile application.
- Select a movie or TV showing to play by tapping on the poster of the movie or TV show.
- Tap on the “Watch Now” option. The movie or TV show will then begin playing on the mobile device.